At one time, I was at the top of one of Stockholm’s hottest companies. On the verge of going public, and with an executive marketing title and sizable salary, I somehow felt empty. After some soul searching, I realized that I couldn’t
- 14 Feb 17 9.25 amRead more
The Focus School: 5 Ways to Stay Stress-free After Work
Negative stress occurs when the balance between what we should do and what we are able to do don´t match. This negative stress can be reduced with the help of different activities that we do on our spare time.
Here are only five activities that will help you relieve stress:
- Take an afternoon to just relax, maybe take a bath or listen to calm music.
- Physical activity will help the brain to produce endorphins which work as the body´s own stress relief. So why not take a run in the forest or take a class in the gym?
- When choosing your spare time activity it is important to choose something that will help you gain energy instead of an activity that will devour your energy.
- It is also important to choose an activity that you enjoy with others, rather than an activity alone.
- One last tip: in order to reduce stress, don’t take work with you home, let your house be a holy place for spare time.
- 24 Jan 17 9.02 amRead more
The Focus School: 5 Reasons Why Sleep Cures Stress (Sort Of!)
Sleep and stress are in many ways linked to each other. Stress can stand in the way of good quality sleep and vice versa, a good night sleep can help you control your stress level. Here are five reasons why sleep is so important:
- It is a well known phenomenon that sleep has an important effect on well-being; in the last few decades has it also been known that sleep affects the amount of stress we receive during the day.
- Since stress is affected by how you perceive the stressfulness of your life, enough hours of sleep per night will help you cope with the problems you receive during the day in a positive way.
- The control you get over your body and mind when you’re sleeping will help you keep the stress level in check.
- As we sleep the body repairs itself and builds new antibodies that will help you stand against diseases, which also gives you tools to better handle the stress that can occur in the day.
- When getting a good night sleep the human brain and body can work as it should, it helps control our mood and actions.
- View more +