At one time, I was at the top of one of Stockholm’s hottest companies. On the verge of going public, and with an executive marketing title and sizable salary, I somehow felt empty. After some soul searching, I realized that I couldn’t
- 14 Mar 17 9.00 amRead more
The Focus School: 5 Reasons Why Exercise is Feel-Good Medicine
It has long been known that physical movement is good for you. With regular exercise your body gets healthier and feels better. But we are just beginning to understand how physical exercise has a strong impact on your psychological health.
Here are five reasons why physical exercise reduce stress:
- When engaging in physical training, your body produces endorphin hormones. These can be considered your brain´s feel good medicine. The endorphins will make you feel more relaxed, calm and satisfied.
- When working out, you tend to forget the day´s irritations and instead concentrate on your body´s movement.
- Beyond getting relaxed, physical activity will improve your sleep.
- Regular physical exercise will lower your blood pressure and cholesterol in the blood and regulate blood sugar, which is the opposite on what stress does to the body.
- People who train regularly have an easier time regaining their balance and resting level after stress. This lowers the risk of being stressed out for a longer time.
Which is your best stress-free exercise?
- 28 Feb 17 9.42 amRead more
The Focus School: 5 Reasons Why Your Phone Should Stay at Home
For a year or so the phrase “leaving your phone at home” was not a problem. But in today’s society, where people are constantly available and online, the thought about going anywhere without your smartphone is, for many people, a scary thought.
Here are five reasons why you should leave the phone at home:
- If we skip bringing the phone to work, many people should feel less stress and anxiety.
- When focusing on your phone at work you will probably not only lose focus on your work itself, but you will also miss out on the real life conversations with your coworkers.
- Both the communication in the company and the individual’s quality on their work will suffer. If loosing focus on the work, the tasks maybe not get done which will provide stress.
- Smartphones and tablets can cause a dependent which makes you lose focus on your day and your work, falling behind in work can be very stressful.
- Even if you fill determined to both have the time to do your work and be online this will also make you increase the stress level since it can be hard to focus on more than one task at the time.
So why don’t leave the phone home for a day and see if it helps you relieve stress?
- View more +