The Focus School: 5 Reasons Why Your Phone Should Stay at Home
OUR ON-GOING BLOG SERIES WHERE WE SHARPEN YOUR FOCUS, HELPING YOU STAY AHEAD OF THE ATTENTION AND CONCENTRATION CURVE
For a year or so the phrase “leaving your phone at home” was not a problem. But in today’s society, where people are constantly available and online, the thought about going anywhere without your smartphone is, for many people, a scary thought.
Here are five reasons why you should leave the phone at home:
- If we skip bringing the phone to work, many people should feel less stress and anxiety.
- When focusing on your phone at work you will probably not only lose focus on your work itself, but you will also miss out on the real life conversations with your coworkers.
- Both the communication in the company and the individual’s quality on their work will suffer. If loosing focus on the work, the tasks maybe not get done which will provide stress.
- Smartphones and tablets can cause a dependent which makes you lose focus on your day and your work, falling behind in work can be very stressful.
- Even if you fill determined to both have the time to do your work and be online this will also make you increase the stress level since it can be hard to focus on more than one task at the time.
So why don’t leave the phone home for a day and see if it helps you relieve stress?