OUR ON-GOING BLOG SERIES WHERE WE SHARPEN YOUR FOCUS, HELPING YOU STAY AHEAD OF THE ATTENTION AND CONCENTRATION CURVE
Sleep and stress are in many ways linked to each other. Stress can stand in the way of good quality sleep and vice versa, a good night sleep can help you control your stress level. Here are five reasons why sleep is so important:
- It is a well known phenomenon that sleep has an important effect on well-being; in the last few decades has it also been known that sleep affects the amount of stress we receive during the day.
- Since stress is affected by how you perceive the stressfulness of your life, enough hours of sleep per night will help you cope with the problems you receive during the day in a positive way.
- The control you get over your body and mind when you’re sleeping will help you keep the stress level in check.
- As we sleep the body repairs itself and builds new antibodies that will help you stand against diseases, which also gives you tools to better handle the stress that can occur in the day.
- When getting a good night sleep the human brain and body can work as it should, it helps control our mood and actions.