The Focus School: 5 Ways to Stay Stress-free After Work
OUR ON-GOING BLOG SERIES WHERE WE SHARPEN YOUR FOCUS, HELPING YOU STAY AHEAD OF THE ATTENTION AND CONCENTRATION CURVE
Negative stress occurs when the balance between what we should do and what we are able to do don´t match. This negative stress can be reduced with the help of different activities that we do on our spare time.
Here are only five activities that will help you relieve stress:
- Take an afternoon to just relax, maybe take a bath or listen to calm music.
- Physical activity will help the brain to produce endorphins which work as the body´s own stress relief. So why not take a run in the forest or take a class in the gym?
- When choosing your spare time activity it is important to choose something that will help you gain energy instead of an activity that will devour your energy.
- It is also important to choose an activity that you enjoy with others, rather than an activity alone.
- One last tip: in order to reduce stress, don’t take work with you home, let your house be a holy place for spare time.