- 28 Mar 17 9.00 amRead more
The Focus School: 5 Reasons Why Nature Time is Good For You
Maybe it isn’t that strange that people are more stressed these days, with more time spent in the office or in front of the TV. The hours spent outside-in the nature-are fewer and further between.
Here are just five reasons why we should spend more time in the nature:
- Other then give you a beautiful view and fresh air, the time spent in nature will also help you reduce stress.
- When exposed to nature you will find that your heart rate and muscle tension will reduce, contributing to your physical wellbeing.
- Your mood can shift from unhappy to happy when seeing a pleasant environment.
- Being out in the nature will help your body reduce the production off stress hormones and at the same time it will increase our ability to pay attention.
- Spending time in the nature can help boost your self-confidence.
Do you have any tips on good outdoor activities?
- 14 Mar 17 9.00 amRead more
The Focus School: 5 Reasons Why Exercise is Feel-Good Medicine
It has long been known that physical movement is good for you. With regular exercise your body gets healthier and feels better. But we are just beginning to understand how physical exercise has a strong impact on your psychological health.
Here are five reasons why physical exercise reduce stress:
- When engaging in physical training, your body produces endorphin hormones. These can be considered your brain´s feel good medicine. The endorphins will make you feel more relaxed, calm and satisfied.
- When working out, you tend to forget the day´s irritations and instead concentrate on your body´s movement.
- Beyond getting relaxed, physical activity will improve your sleep.
- Regular physical exercise will lower your blood pressure and cholesterol in the blood and regulate blood sugar, which is the opposite on what stress does to the body.
- People who train regularly have an easier time regaining their balance and resting level after stress. This lowers the risk of being stressed out for a longer time.
Which is your best stress-free exercise?
- 28 Feb 17 9.42 amRead more
The Focus School: 5 Reasons Why Your Phone Should Stay at Home
For a year or so the phrase “leaving your phone at home” was not a problem. But in today’s society, where people are constantly available and online, the thought about going anywhere without your smartphone is, for many people, a scary thought.
Here are five reasons why you should leave the phone at home:
- If we skip bringing the phone to work, many people should feel less stress and anxiety.
- When focusing on your phone at work you will probably not only lose focus on your work itself, but you will also miss out on the real life conversations with your coworkers.
- Both the communication in the company and the individual’s quality on their work will suffer. If loosing focus on the work, the tasks maybe not get done which will provide stress.
- Smartphones and tablets can cause a dependent which makes you lose focus on your day and your work, falling behind in work can be very stressful.
- Even if you fill determined to both have the time to do your work and be online this will also make you increase the stress level since it can be hard to focus on more than one task at the time.
So why don’t leave the phone home for a day and see if it helps you relieve stress?
- 14 Feb 17 9.25 amRead more
The Focus School: 5 Ways to Stay Stress-free After Work
Negative stress occurs when the balance between what we should do and what we are able to do don´t match. This negative stress can be reduced with the help of different activities that we do on our spare time.
Here are only five activities that will help you relieve stress:
- Take an afternoon to just relax, maybe take a bath or listen to calm music.
- Physical activity will help the brain to produce endorphins which work as the body´s own stress relief. So why not take a run in the forest or take a class in the gym?
- When choosing your spare time activity it is important to choose something that will help you gain energy instead of an activity that will devour your energy.
- It is also important to choose an activity that you enjoy with others, rather than an activity alone.
- One last tip: in order to reduce stress, don’t take work with you home, let your house be a holy place for spare time.
- 24 Jan 17 9.02 amRead more
The Focus School: 5 Reasons Why Sleep Cures Stress (Sort Of!)
Sleep and stress are in many ways linked to each other. Stress can stand in the way of good quality sleep and vice versa, a good night sleep can help you control your stress level. Here are five reasons why sleep is so important:
- It is a well known phenomenon that sleep has an important effect on well-being; in the last few decades has it also been known that sleep affects the amount of stress we receive during the day.
- Since stress is affected by how you perceive the stressfulness of your life, enough hours of sleep per night will help you cope with the problems you receive during the day in a positive way.
- The control you get over your body and mind when you’re sleeping will help you keep the stress level in check.
- As we sleep the body repairs itself and builds new antibodies that will help you stand against diseases, which also gives you tools to better handle the stress that can occur in the day.
- When getting a good night sleep the human brain and body can work as it should, it helps control our mood and actions.
- 10 Jan 17 8.34 amRead more
The Focus School: 5 Reasons Why L-theanine's Awesome For You
We all know that L-theanine is an amazing natural ingredient in so many products today, especially green tea (one of our favorites). In fact, L-theanine is such an effective ingredient, that we went ahead and added it to our flagship line, NOA Relax & Focus!
Here are just five fast facts that will get you impressed and excited about the possibilities L-theanine has to offer:
- L-theanine is an amino acid that you are most likely to find in green tea and in NOA Relax & Focus
- Amino acids are scientifically proven to help you relieve stress. L-theanin also helps us relax without feeling any drowsiness.
- If you feel the need to boost your concentration and alertness, L-theanin has almost the same effect as coffee but without the caffeine.
- Due to the lack of caffeine, L-theanin will also help you improve your sleep.
- L-theanin is also a self-confidence booster. During physical or physiological stress the L-theanin contributes to you feeling less anxiety.
L-theanine fan anyone? Leave a comment below?
- View more +